Continually check into this page for updates on our employment job postings –
ReStore Volunteer Development — AmeriCorps VISTA Member Position
Company: Habitat for Humanity of Oakland County
Reports to: Volunteer Manager
Duration: Full Term – February 2017 – February 2018
Hours per Week: Approximately 40 hrs/wk
Schedule: Tuesday – Saturday 9:30am-5:30pm
- AmeriCorps Members will receive a living stipend of $950/mo throughout the term.
- AmeriCorps members receive an Educational Award of $5,815.00 upon successful completion of the term.
- Full-time members are eligible for health insurance and qualify for federal benefits, including child care.
At Habitat for Humanity of Oakland County ReStores, “Shop. Donate. Volunteer.” sums up our goals for our stores. This VISTA position will focus on developing and implementing strategies and targets for each of these goals, with a primary focus on volunteering.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1)VOLUNTEER: Review the ReStore volunteer programs and resources that are currently in place at the site and develop, implement and document new/improved programs to increase regular volunteer frequency and retention.
- Research sources within the community to recruit regular volunteers.
- Research volunteer orientation/training and retention/recognition practices.
- Based on research, develop comprehensive volunteer recruitment, training, and retention program, including tracking volunteers in a database.
- Implement the new volunteer recruitment, orientation, training and recognition plan that increases the amount of repeat volunteers serving in the ReStore.
- As needed, perform on-site coordination and support during volunteer days (e.g. greeting the volunteers in the morning and at lunch). Ensure volunteers have a positive experience
- Engage in regular face to face, phone and email communication with volunteers and prospects
- Implement use of the ReStore volunteer directory database to capture volunteer data.
2) DONATE: Review the ReStore business donation programs and resources that are currently in place at the site and develop new/improved programs to increase in-kind donations from new businesses and increase repeat donations. Prepare the project programs and timelines with key milestones. Reach 25% of targets on the in-kind donations.
- Research current in-kind donation programs at our site and other ReStores. Research local businesses and community partners that would be ideal recurring business donors or volunteers for the ReStore.
- Identify business donation opportunities.
- Develop and implement ReStore donor outreach plan to increase recurring donations. Create a ReStore donor directory database of local businesses and community partners that would be ideal donors.
- Develop and implement outreach programs for retailers, distributors, manufacturers within the recognition program to increase business donations which increases sales, focus on furniture, appliances, cabinets and paint.
- Develop and implement process for tracking donations and ensuring acknowledgment. Merge any current donation data into database/tracking mechanism and ensure donations are being tracked and recognized.
3) SHOP: Increase exposure of the “shop” message via increased frequency of a regular communication and marketing plan.
- Research local news outlets, including print, media and online for ReStore promotion around our top 4 product categories. Create media directory database.
- Develop marketing and outreach plan to increase visibility of the ReStore in the community.
- Implement marketing and outreach plan. Implement use of the media directory database and use it to distribute materials which are relevant to the various media outlets.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to meet host site’s insurance requirements.
- Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word/Excel)
- Knowledgeable about the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Experience working as a member of a team
- Retail experience preferred to understand ReStores and the roles of the volunteers
- Sales ability to understand achieving targets
- Must have own transportation to travel to the different sites.
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Director of Development
Habitat for Humanity of Oakland County is seeking a Director of Development. The ideal candidate must be a dynamic leader that creates and implements an effective development plan that supports the Strategic and Operational plan. Our directors support a culture of collaboration, teamwork, creativity, empowerment and accountability. Bachelor Degree and minimum 5 years related experience is required. Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter including salary history and salary requirements, by email only to HR@HabitatOakland.org
Collection of donated articles from donors (homes and businesses), including larger items such as appliances, furniture, cupboards. Help to transfer donations between ReStores Sites. To assist with movement of product within the ReStores as required for merchandising and organization.
Loads and unloads donated items with care. Sorts and organizes within the ReStores as time allows.
Driving the truck, transports stock between ReStore sites as required. Movement of product within the ReStores. Must be able to transport larger furniture items from homes and businesses.
Must be personable, and able to provide quality customer service to our donors and clients. Thanking the donors for supporting the Mission.
Maintains the vehicles in good operating condition. Recommends servicing to the Operations Director as needed. Carries out the daily inspections and safety checks required under established procedures and log in the appropriate book in the Call Center.
Responsible for promotion of a safe workplace and understanding of the obligations set forth by OSHA.
Guides clients, volunteers and ReStore employees in their truck duties. Ensures that individuals are assigned work in keeping with their physical capacity.
Enhances the reputation of Habitat for Humanity ReStores by being well groomed and wearing the required uniform. Treats customers and employees with respect. Clearly and politely explains Restores policy when refusing unusable items. Demonstrates a genuine attitude of service.
Adheres to all Human Resources Policies and Procedures and follows good safety and security practices including reporting safety hazards and injuries to Operations Manager.
Responsible to report to Operations Manager any issues that would impede ability to do regular functions of the job within the time constraints.
Maintains confidentiality at all times.
Additional duties as required.
Minimum of grade 12. Must hold a valid Michigan driver’’s license and have a clear driving record for a period of at least ONE year. The clear driving record must be maintained for employment as a driver. Chauffeur License, DOT an asset.
Experience with delivery or collections, preferably in a retail store or warehouse environment would be an asset. Customer service experience is preferred.
Ability to bend, reach and stand for extensive period of time, and lift up to fifty (50) – seventy five (75) pounds on a regular basis.
Proven skills include the ability to read orders and written instructions.
Perform basic math skills.
The incumbent must be cleared by a background check if applicable.
Works in a variety of settings including the ReStores sites. Daily duties are carried out in all weather conditions. Duties require constant attention to road conditions, and involve routine heavy manual tasks.
Send cover letter and resume to Rose-Ann Nathan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Pontiac and Farmington locations possibly alternating between both ReStores is also available.
Partner Support Coordinator
Partner & Community Programs
Company: Habitat for Humanity of Oakland County
Reports to: Director of Partner & Community Programs
Duration: Full Time – TEMPORARY POSITION – approximately 1 year
Hours per Week: Approximately 40hrs/wk
As a member of the Partner & Community Programs Department the Partner Support Coordinator will work collaboratively as a team to manage all aspects of the homeownership program.
• Perform support services and tasks to assist partner homebuyers with staying on track to close on a home within the identified timeframe.
• Perform progress reviews with homebuyers that includes housing education, budget and credit reviews
• Assist with coordinating homebuyer support activities/classes/newsletter/etc.
• In conjunction with the Partner & Community Programs department, the PSC is responsible for providing qualified applicants to cover 110% of the annual home builds.
• Work collaboratively with the community and local agencies or organizations as well as attend recruiting events for homebuyer referrals
• Responsible to maintain clear and organized homebuyer files.
• Engage in daily activities and tasks necessary to support existing homeowners to ensure continued success in the program
• Perform any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the Director or Executive director in pursuit of the Habitat mission.
• Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office)
• Outgoing and friendly demeanor
• Written and verbal communication skills necessary
• Ability to work with others in a team environment
• Demonstrate excellent organizational skills, along with strong attention to detail
• Ability to connect with individuals of all income brackets, ages and professional levels
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com