Continually check into this page for updates on our employment job postings.
This position is responsible for the pick-up of merchandise from donors, safely packing the merchandise in the ReStore truck, returning to the ReStore and unpacking the merchandise.
- Load and unload all donated materials.
- Screen for product usability.
- Communicating with ReStore Manager regarding incoming donations.
- Drive the Habitat for Humanity of Oakland County ReStore truck.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with ReStore staff, volunteers, Habitat homeowners and ReStore customers.
- Answer the telephone and provide ReStore information, directions, meeting the caller’s needs.
- Daily cleaning and organizing of the ReStore truck.
- Knowledge and experience driving a non-CDL truck.
- Team building a real plus
- Must be a good listener and be able to engage in well-considered discussions.
- Must pass a Criminal Background Check and DOT physical.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Commitment to adhere and enforce all security and safety procedures.
- Chauffeur license required.
Driver Helper/Warehouse Position
Habitat for Humanity of Oakland County is hiring part time individuals to work as a Driver Helper/Warehouse assistant. This is a physical position that requires the pick-up and delivery of household merchandise, as well as working in the warehouse organizing merchandise.
Part Time Position
- Be able to load and unload merchandise routinely at multiple sites.
- Able to lift 75 pounds consistently.
- Ability to enter donations into computer donor database.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Ability to communicate with Management, Drivers, Donors and Customers.
- Maintain health and safety compliance in accordance with company policy.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Stacking, padding, and securing items in position on truck to prevent damage during shipment.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Construction Site Supervisor
The Site Supervisor position will manage assigned projects, including overseeing field operations, site safety, schedule, and volunteer groups, trade contractor and supplier coordination with the Project Manager leading the project team. The Site Supervisor reports to the Project Manager and the Director of Operations.
Part time position:29 hours per week. One Saturday per month required.
- Provide technical expertise to volunteers throughout the Pre-Construction process.
- Assist in the management of the Pre-Construction schedule.
- Insure job safety requirements are understood and implemented by all volunteers and trade contractors. Continually strives for Zero Injury on all projects.
- Lead on-site kickoffs and safety meetings.
- Watch for and correct all safety hazards at the jobsite.
- Review the plans and specifications for constructability and construction schedules and advise the project team of issues or deficiencies.
- Assist in quantity takeoff and pricing estimates as needed.
- Establish the punch list process with the Project Manager, maintain a zero punch list.
- High School and completion of Vocational School or College degree a plus.
- 5 to 8 years related experience or equivalent role; Licensed Residential Builder a plus.
- Proficient in understanding building plans and specifications.
- Safety standards knowledge and enforcement.
This position description may change from time to time in support of the Habitat mission.
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter, resume, and hourly requirements to Scott Milliken, Director of Operations, at email@example.com.