Cars For Homes
Donate Your Car to Cars for Homes Today!
Cars for Homes is Habitat for Humanity’s National Car Donation Program. More than 80 percent of the gross revenue generated from vehicle sales to Cars for Homes is donated to Habitat Oakland County. This percentage is more than any other vehicle processing entity.
So if you have an old or unneeded car, truck, boat or other vehicle sitting in your driveway, or taking up space in your garage? One phone call and you’re on your way. Your car donation assists in providing decent homes for people of Oakland County to give them the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to create a better life for themselves and their families — you might be helping the environment as well.
Why should I donate my car?
- One hundred percent of the net proceeds from the sale of your donated vehicle will be used by Habitat Oakland County to build and repair affordable homes.
- You may qualify for a tax deduction for donating a vehicle.
- It’s fast and easy. Learn more about how vehicle donations work.
- Thirty percent of cars donated to the program are recycled for materials or sold for reusable parts.
- Recycling steel uses less energy and natural resources and produces less carbon pollution.
- Taking an inefficient older car off the road helps save gas and improves air quality.
Need help? Check our frequently asked questions or email us at email@example.com.
What kinds of vehicles can be donated?
- Recreational vehicles
- Farm equipment
- Construction equipment
What if the vehicle is not running?
- Cars for Homes accepts any vehicle as long as it is whole and has four inflated tires (so it can be moved by our towing operators).
- In rare cases, Cars for Homes may be unable to accept a vehicle if the cost of transport and processing fees would exceed the auction value of the vehicle.