Rock the Block: Pontiac
June 3 - June 5
Rock the Block
June 3 and 5, 2021
8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Ferry Farms/Unity Park Neighborhood, Pontiac, MI
Habitat Oakland’s Rock the Block program brings together homeowners, volunteers, and community sponsors to create high-energy community revitalization events. Volunteers work with homeowners and Habitat’s construction staff to repair porches, install fences, replace cracked concrete, clean gutters, and complete landscape and lawn clean-up. Homeowners pay a modest fee for the work that is performed. To date, over 250 homeowners have been served through this program.
This event will have 12-15 simultaneous projects taking place over a two-day period in the Ferry Farms/Unity Park Neighborhood in Pontiac.
Our most common Rock the Block project requests:
- Landscape clean up: rake, edge, trim hedges/trees, brush clearing
- Lawn mowing
- Gutter cleaning and repair
- Exterior home cleaning & power washing
- Wood porch, steps and/or fence repair
- Wood porch or fence painting/staining
- Sidewalk and driveway maintenance
- Leaf raking
- Dumpster use (trash and yard debris)
- Home energy audit
- Exterior home painting, foundation painting, garage painting
We are also able to accommodate special homeowner requests (like major safety concerns and accessibility ramps) on a case-by-case basis.
Applications open March 15, 2021. Visit here for more information or to apply when applications open.