Rock the Block: Pontiac
August 6 - August 8
Rock the Block
August 6 and 8, 2020
8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Ferry Farms/Unity Park Neighborhood, Pontiac, MI
Habitat Oakland’s Rock the Block program brings together homeowners, volunteers, and community sponsors to create high-energy community revitalization events. Volunteers work with homeowners and Habitat’s construction staff to repair porches, install fences, replace cracked concrete, clean gutters, and complete landscape and lawn clean-up. Homeowners pay a modest fee for the work that is performed. To date, over 236 homeowners have been served through this program.
This event will have 12-15 simultaneous projects taking place over a two-day period in the Ferry Farms/Unity Park Neighborhood in Pontiac.
Our most common Rock the Block project requests:
- Landscape clean up: rake, edge, trim hedges/trees, brush clearing
- Lawn mowing
- Gutter cleaning and repair
- Exterior home cleaning & power washing
- Wood porch, steps and/or fence repair
- Wood porch or fence painting/staining
- Sidewalk and driveway maintenance
- Leaf raking
- Dumpster use (trash and yard debris)
- Home energy audit
- Exterior home painting, foundation painting, garage painting
We are also able to accommodate special homeowner requests (like major safety concerns and accessibility ramps) on a case-by-case basis.
Interested in volunteering?
- August 6 and/or 8, 2020, shifts are 8:30 am to 3:30 pm.
- We will provide refreshments, lunch and the supplies/tools needed to complete the day’s work.
- All work sites will adhere to COVID-19 safety measures as outlined in our COVID-19 Exposure Prevention Plan and our quick-read for safety on construction sites.
- Please wear close toed shoes, layers you don’t mind getting dirty, long pants, face mask that covers mouth and nose, no dangling strings or jewelry.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
At a time when a safe home is more important than ever, we thank you for your continued support. Click here to see before and after photos from previous HFHOC’s Rock the Block events and the impact on a neighborhood in just two days!