Habitat for Humanity of Oakland County is happy to announce that we have expanded our housing initiative in 2017. We are currently building and renovating several homes in the city of Southfield that will be available very soon!
Apply now to get qualified for the program before the homes are sold!
Is buying a home one of your goals? We can help you take the next steps toward achieving that goal! Habitat Oakland offers a homeownership program that helps people move from sub-standard housing to newly built or renovated, energy efficient and affordable homes.
WHY BUY A HOME WITH HABITAT
- Newly built or completely renovated home by Habitat, who is a trusted top builder
- Energy efficient upgrades to help keep your energy bills low
- New appliances
- Access to specialized affordable financing options
- Personalized one-on-one support and coaching to help you through the process
- Assistance applying for down payment assistance when applicable
- Homebuyer education, financial education, home maintenance and landscaping classes
- 1 year limited warranty on your new home
HOW TO YOU PURCHASE A HABITAT HOME
To purchase a home through the Habitat program, you must meet the criteria below:
- Income limits apply
- You may not currently own a home (even if you do not live there)
- You must have acceptable credit and demonstrate your ability to qualify for an affordable mortgage loan
- You must be willing to make a savings plan to cover the closing costs of your home purchase (if you are not eligible for down payment assistance programs)
- You need to be willing to partner with us and put in 300 hours of sweat equity
Habitat will assist you with your home purchase. Throughout this process, you will need to get pre-qualified from a lending institution. Don’t worry, if you have been turned down before or if you are fearful that your credit is not good enough, there are many lenders out there that have special mortgage products available and are willing to work with you even if you do not have the best credit history.
See if you qualify today and get started on your journey toward homeownership!
If you have more questions, please visit our FAQ page.
Fair Housing – It’s Your Right! – Habitat for Humanity of Oakland County believes that everyone has the right to fair housing. Click Here for more information about Habitat Oakland’s Fair Housing Policy Statement
For more information about Fair Housing visit HUD’s website at https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/fair_housing_equal_opp